Monday 11 June 2012

Aladdins Cave. Lewisham, London

So we were leaving London Sunday afternoon because I was working in the morning, and accidentally we went via Lewisham because of the amount of roadworks and traffic on our usual route home. This is when we passed this interesting place...Aladdins Cave Lewisham...


There was a young couple walking down the road, carrying an extra large Starbucks sign, presumingly from this shop which was quite a sight. This and the interesting, antique looking furniture, mannequins, and a large model camel outside, we decided to make a stop and have a look. we can't resist having a nosey in these kind of shops. There's a couple of shops in Crystal Palace, South London that look a bit like this, and we can spend ages looking around them. But we found this shop was different..


I've been wanting a mannequin in our flat for ages, but it's proving difficult to convince Clemmy that it's a good idea. Something about you will wake up in the middle of the night with one at the foot of your bed looking at you, or when you're looking into the bathroom mirror brushing your teeth and seeing one behind you.

There was a LOT of chairs. We weren't even sure how you choose and buy them..





Or how about some outside chairs....?


Outside they had a lot garden furniture that looked like it was from pub gardens, a pile of radiators, lots of catering equipment, sinks, toilets, fireplaces. I don't know how much damage can be done with it all sitting outside, but I guess that's the only place to keep it.



Then there was the more grand looking things inside..


I wish I had a use for a traffic light, I really do...

  

 
There was much more items then what I have mentioned here.

If you are ever passing through Lewisham or live nearby I would recommend giving this place a visit. You probably won't buy anything (well you never know, you might find something you never knew you wanted), but it's still worth a visit, or knowing its there if you ever do need to buy an over sized Santa.

We never bought anything in there, and there wasn't prices advertised so I wouldn't be able to comment on how much anything costs. But if I ever do convince Clemmy to let me buy a mannequin and decide to go there I will let you know how pricey or reasonable it is.

...Actually a Mannequin wouldn't fit in a Smart Car without sitting in the passenger seat, and that would be a funny sight!!

Roxie

No comments:

Post a Comment