Thursday 14 February 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Today The Knowledge is off.

We're not cheesy romantic types, so a night off from brain work and a Chinese take away will do just fine.

I did however post a quick question onto a forum at lunchtime asking if blue plaques were still considered points which could be asked, as I always thought they were, but the points guide we have doesnt have a blue plaque section. Anyway, turns out TFL got rid of them, which is good. To be honest, I cant imagine many people get into a Taxi and ask to be taken to a particular blue plaque do they??? I suppose it was about the general knowledge of London rather then being a pick up/drop off.

www.wikipedia.org


We're going to go back out on the road tomorrow evening after work or Saturday, we're still trying to work out the best time of day, especially as we're in a car and not a bike so we cant easily scoot through traffic, we're just wasting time and fuel. We had to cut last Sunday afternoons trip short because there was just too much traffic everywhere, trying to drive around the quarter mile radius was a nightmare. So weekend daytimes might not be the best option. Evenings, I was a bit worried about not seeing things properly in the dark, but we will have to give that a go. There's also early mornings before work, but I think thats a bit too much! We already leave for work at 6:15am, but if we have to then we have to.

Everything is still such a learning curve. If anyone is learning in a car and has any advice on times of day, that would be helpful.

I started this post by saying today is a day off, but I've just spent ages thinking about it. Thats a good sign I suppose, it should always be somewhere in your mind.. even on your day off :)

Roxie x

No comments:

Post a Comment