Thursday 14 June 2012

Fossil Fish for sale in London

Christie's is an Auction House in South Kensington, London which sells all sorts of collectables, antiques, art, wine, furniture etc. I've never actually been (I doubt I will ever have enough money even if I wanted to). But I do occassionally look online at the crazier things they sell. I mean even if you have too much money to spend, would you buy a 17th Century Elephant bird egg? I mean what would you even do with it?

Here's a few of my favourite recent sales..

Fossil Fish for £3,750 - it doesn't even look nice.


They also sold a taxidermy Flamingo for £7,250

A pre-17th century Elephant bird egg for £12,500


A pair of curved Mammoth tusks for £15,000. 


A specimen of petrified wood from the Lower Triassic for £1,250.
(I don't even know what it is)

No comments:

Post a Comment